Barcelona, and Malaga Spain Missions

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

February 1, 2010


AHA YUP 10 Months!  I´m finally in double digits!  and that went buy really fast and yet super slow.  ha-ha you know how missionary time works.

I hope you guys are ready.  It´s gonna be pretty crazy with Madd in the house again!   hahaha I remember that day.  Dropping Maddie off. The last thing I told her was "Don´t come home.  I don´t want to see you until my Homecoming"  haha she did it.

Don´t worry about it too much.  Even if everything isn´t "perfect"  It will seem perfect to her, just to see you guys.  THIS WEEK! NUTS.

So this week was a pretty good one.  I finished Our Heritage.  I now am reading the BoM, the Old Test, and Jesus the Christ.  When I finish the last two i´ll have read every page of the missionary library.  Sweet.  I love our doctrine.  The more you learn the more you fill in the small little gaps in your testimony until it is solid as stone.

One funny story from the week is that we spent 3 hours in the street, absolutely determined to find a new investigator, but we had no success.  So we went to our final appointment for the day and a man in the house that we always see and have invited many times says, "I want to talk to you guys next."  He is our new investigator.  The Lord doesn't Ifail to reward us, but sometimes it doesn't come in the way we thought it would.

I received the package from mother.  That is absolutely the best package ever!  I loved it.  But really I did.  The book of pictures and the cards and the toys and all.   Thanks!!!  After that we were in the office.  I had my interview. Last transfer we did'n´t have interviews odd..  But it was a good one.  I guess the one thing that I could be better at is Finding.  Pres gave me some great tips and I have been putting them into practice.  I also have the new bible.  Finally!  I love it.  I´m teaching Elder Serrano how to work it an all.  He´s learning a lot. hehe

Our new investigator looks kinda like a gangster.  But he understands the doctrine when we teach it to him.  He´s a good guy and has no problems with reading the book, setting up citas, and keeping commitments.

I finished my legal stuff.  SO...  hopefully I won't be kicked out of Spain any time soon.  I might have to do another trip to Valencia in the future but that´s ok with me.

So last night was the first time in the mission that I have vomited... Tragic story isn´t it?  I lasted 10 months as a missionary in a foreign country eating the craziest food you can imagine and last night I ruined my good streak.  It was a soup I ate. Too many noodles.. hahaha but i´m all right now.

The kids in the ward did a theater production in the church.  It was good.  2 investigators came and they enjoyed it.  The YM and YW are trying to save money to go to the first EFY here in Barc.  SO they have practiced a lot.  It was really funny and I had a great time. (jokes in spanish are hard to understand) but I understood pretty well.

The last bit of news HUGE NEWS is that the mission of Bilbao will be closed in july.  That means that the boundaries of the other three missions are going to change.  We will be losing the south and be gaining a stake in the north called BILBAO.  The elders will be switching missions from what it seems.  If your in the South during the switch you´ll stay there and change missions.  And the elders in the other 8 wards in Bilbao will be in the barc mission!!  NUTS.  We just got the news today.  And Spain will have only 300 missionaries.   This is pretty big news and is going to cause a big stir here in Spain.  I hope it goes pretty smoothly though!!..

I love you all.  Tell Mads hi for me.  And i´m next!!! Start getting ready now so you can have everything perfect.  :)   I love you all.

Love Elder Collin Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment