Barcelona, and Malaga Spain Missions

Monday, January 25, 2010

November 9, 2009 BIRTHDAY WEEK!





HEY PAPS. 

Thanks for the birthday salute!   I hope it´s a good one hahaha.   And thank you so much for putting some money in my account, i´ll make sure to get me a little something to celebrate.  And maybe a cake to share in piso with the elders. hahaha

Dude, you are sooooo funny!!!!  The Car wash, the shoulder, the TV watching, and the leaf blower!!!  I´m sitting here in public internet cafe laughing my head off.  "Wacked out American doing things on his computer over there" that´s what everyone is thinking! hahhahah

Wow.  It sounds like everyone is just doing great!!  Layna happy and back to her cheery self.  Ryker doing all his things to get ready to be 12! Nuts!!!   I´m so glad to hear the news!   But i don´t have a ton of time so i´ll write some of what happened to me.

Welll......

We have had a Bolivian woman who we were teaching.   She and her husband were listing to a charla and then all  of a sudden the daughter ran out and was begging the mom to do something so that she could leave.  It happened like three times then the mom turns to the girl and waves her hand in a strict quick movement infront of her mouth/face.  And the daughter was like "OK!"  like Alright now i can go!   hahaha i was ssooooooo confused..  I just didn´t mention anything.  Weird witchcraft woman!.....
Next.   We go visit this less active woman.  She said she went to another church.. She spends about twenty minutes telling me all about it.  But saved the best for last.   She was sitting there singin and prayin and all of a sudden a girl laid her hands on her head and gave her a blessing!....  Ture prophecy.  She knew all that had been going on...  So somehow women now have the priesthood...  It was weird to tell her straight up that that was absolutely wrong.. It´s just weird.
ALSO.  We visited our Romanian couple (who don´t speak very well) and they told us that they were prayin and prayin and prayin and they saw a light and there came man and he was dressed in a red robe.   And he told them they were bad.  Bad.  Because they hadn´t been preaching the gospel.  He told us it wasn´t Jesus.  But he thinks it was Joseph Smith... Man i don´t know whats going on here.  But it was a pretty crazy week... We used D&C 50 quite a bit.   Either everyone is going crazy or the Spirit is sure here and working hard..  haha

David.  A kid that came to english class is very interested in the church because of our stand on the family and how we treat women. HE went to the MORMON site.  Amazing that he didn´t look up anti stuff.  But he said that he´d like to learn more!! Amazing stuff.  He´s spanish too!

We did have some very good citas also.  We met with a menos activo and he was very interested again.  We had a kid bring his friend to church yesterday and we´re going to be teaching him. Things are still moving rather smoothly.  People to teach and hardly any time to spare.  I love it that way.

We had a little birthday bash on saturday.  We had all the birthdays and other celebrations all join together and we celebrated at Maria´s house.  (It was also Tania's birthday - our new convert!) I´m sure you´ve seen the fotos on Facebook.  WE had an absolute blast.  I love the people here.  I love speakin spanish.  I love knowing my savior jesus christ and the sciptures.
I am loving my time here.  I just wanna get better.  Every week is better.  Always upward. I love you all and thanks for your support,
Elder Brian

Ps.. Mari emailed me haha. Por Fin. I´ll get her a letter soon.  But if you could tell her thanks.   Grandma Rae also!  I love that lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment